Monday, May 17, 2010

Of Seddie, Zombies, and Carmel (California)

Hey readers!

Sorry I haven't posted in a while! I've been busy with school work, writing, going on a short vacation with my sister and mom and my new addiction: seddie.

To start off this post I have to explain that I have very addictive behavior. That's why when I was ten I ate three gallons of strawberry icecream a week for an entire summer. Ever since I discovered fanfiction from HarryPotterFanFiction.com, I've become obsessed with fanfiction, going on fanfiction.net almost daily to check for good new stories. This has been going on for four years or so. And I've been writing it for about two years.

Because I love romance stories and dark, angst driven ones, I've been going on "ship" (relationship in fanfic lingo) bandwagons. So far I've experimented in reading and writing in various Harry Potter ships, Dasey (aka Derek and Casey in "Life with Derek"), Shules (Shawn and Jules in "Psych") and Numbuh 3 and Numbuh 4 in "Codename: Kids Next Door".

I've been reading much more than just those ships but those are my main ones. Now, I have added a new ship to obsess over: Seddie (Sam and Freddie in iCarly). I know iCarly is really childish, but I can't stay away. It caught the tail end of my Nickelodeon days and stuck with me. I love the idea of a romantic relationship building on the base of "frenemies" (friends but yet still enemies).

So I've been addicted to reading fanfiction about that ship. So there's an excuse.

Another is for my mother's fiftieth birthday, my sister took her and myself to Carmel. Carmel in a small town by the beach in California. I had a wonderful time with my mom and sister. We went looking in the shops, they went wine tasting while I stood there eating all the cheese off the bar, and ate amazing breakfast burritos. If you go to Carmel, I suggest Katy's Place for breakfast. It has a great menu about three pages long filled with breakfast choices!

Now, I must give a big thank you to Zombie Grrrl of Crackin' Spines and Takin' Names. After all the contests I've entered I finally got chosen! I'm the second winner of her blogoversary contest! Happy Blogoversary Zombie Grrrl!

And, as you may or may not have discussed earlier, I have been working on a book with a protagonist named Zombie. I'm excited to write this. It's about a girl, called Zombie, who lives in a society of runaway teens under the leadership of Banshee, a twenty-something year old. Everyone has their own fantasy names, like Fairy, Phoenix and Dragon. Zombie's the only one who has no clue what her name was, what she ran away from or if she even ran away at all.

Does that sound interesting to you? I've been adding things to try to make it better. That's not the only storyline at play there.

So I'm feeling pretty good. How are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment