Thursday, June 3, 2010

My New Purse, Manufactured by Ziplock

Hey reader,

Well as some of you who might know me may recognize the fact that I am broke. Also, my older sister's birthday is tomorrow. So, I asked her what she wanted and all she wanted was fresh flowers. I scavenged through the big plastic bottle in my bedroom of collected pennies in the search for nickels, dimes and quarters.

After finding a decent amount, I put them all in a Ziplock bag last week and stashed it at the end of my bed. All sixteen dollars worth of coins.

My mom took me to Trader Joe's to pick out the flowers while she went to the store next door to buy her Nicotine gum. I paraded smiling down like a five-old-year ready to buy her own icecream with the quarters safely swaying in the Ziplock bag.

Since my sister loves the color pink, it was a tough debate between the wonderful smelling pink peonies or the roses of the same hue. I could get her two flower bouquets if I got the peonies. But, I decided on the roses, figuring that my sister would be more surprised at the fact I didn't get the cheap flowers. She loved them.

Despite how good I felt after giving my sister the roses, I actually feel like shit now.

I was pacing around my backyard when a chair animated its legs and jumped in front of me, causing me to trip and slide onto the cement. It didn't hurt and my first reaction was "oh shit, my tights!" What do you know, I looked down and my favorite pair of expensive purple tights were now exposing bloody skin.

I was really upset because of the tights. My mom kept fussing about how I was bleeding (and I couldn't really ignore that fact since the blood was dripping down my leg).

And the worst part was that she is making me throw away the tights. I want to wear them even with the holes in them. I don't see why my sister is allowed to wear jeans with big holes in them but I can't wear tights with holes in them! She keeps saying it's different but how? She never explains how it is different.

She doesn't understand that I don't care about what other people think. People are ignorant and prejudiced against anything that is different. Well they can go screw themselves because I don't care.

No comments:

Post a Comment